Thanks to technological advances, it’s now possible to play baccarat online for free or play with real money to win exciting payouts.
Online baccarat is found in many casinos today. It has many variations including Mini Baccarat, Punto Banco, Chemin de Fer, American Baccarat, and European Baccarat among others.
Online baccarat is quite easy to learn and play. The game has only three possible outcomes, which is why it’s quite popular in most online casinos.
The three possible outcomes in the game of online baccarat are the banker, player, or tie. Basically, you bet on the person you think will win or if there will be a tie. The winner is determined by the hand closest to number 9.
That’s all! Betting on the banker carries a higher chance of winning because it comes with a 1.06% house edge.
Differences Between Online Baccarat And Offline Baccarat
Both online and offline baccarat have similar gameplay in which you place banker, player, or tie bets.
However, the two versions have several differences including the following:
- Offline Baccarat Has Higher Stakes
It’s popularly believed that baccarat in physical casinos is a game for the rich and elite. It, therefore, comes with higher stakes than a majority of other games.
However, the mini-baccarat offered on online platforms gives you a chance to play the popular game with lower stakes.
This is because mini-baccarat has only seven seats, which allows more people to enjoy the game online with cheaper stakes.
- Online Baccarat is Faster
Online baccarat is one of the fastest casino games because the players don’t actually touch physical cards.
The dealer instead takes care of everything by handling the player’s and banker’s hands. For instance, online mini-baccarat sees from 120 to even 200 hands per hour in tables with 1 or 2 players.
Since you’re playing online, you’re also exempted from the strict rules and etiquette required in a physical casino.
- Online Baccarat is Always Available
One of the most frustrating aspects of offline baccarat is that you won’t always get open tables whenever you want to play, especially on weekends when most people have enough time to spend at the casino.
Online baccarat, on the other hand, runs on a digital platform or software. The software has no limit on the number of tables available at any time.
However, online baccarat may sometimes have a limit to the number of players on a single table. If you’re locked out, you can always find another table in a different online casino.
How to Choose the Best Online Baccarat
So how do you find the best online baccarat casinos?
Well, to guide you in your choice of the best casinos offering online baccarat, here are a few factors you first need to consider before you sign up:
- Check the casino table site’s reputation. A reputable establishment will have fair games and a better opportunity of winning or basically having the best online baccarat experience. Take time to research and read reviews and testimonies about the casino’s tables from other customers.
- Check the casino’s selection of baccarat games. Standard baccarat is fun but if you want a more exciting experience, look for an online casino with variants such as Punto Banco, No Commission Baccarat, and even live dealer baccarat with a human croupier via webcam.
- Find out the charges of playing baccarat and other games before you sign up. The charges are important to consider when preparing your budget.
- Check the casino’s level of safety and security. At minimum, the casino should have the latest SSL encryption and regulated by reputable bodies to protect your personal data and finances.
- Find out what bonuses the casino offers for both new and existing players.
- Check their deposit and withdrawal methods as well as their requirements and duration for withdrawals.
A good online baccarat casino should also have friendly and 24/7 available customer support to handle any question or problem you may have while using their platform.
Tips to Play Online Baccarat
Here are a few important tips to help you play online baccarat like a pro in no time:
- The Banker’s Side Has an Advantage
You have an advantage when you play the banker’s side.
This is because the Player’s side is 1.24% while the Banker’s side is 1.09% even with the commission of 5% charged on winning hands. You have a better opportunity of winning when you play the banker’s side.
- Avoid the Ties
In most online casinos, the payouts for “tie” bets range from 8-1 to 9-1. In as much as the odds look lucrative, it’s hard to overcome the house advantage which is usually around 14.4% at 8-1.
- Understand the Game’s Odds
This might sound obvious but there are many players who get into a baccarat table without checking the odds for the game.
For example, the commission charged on bets placed on the baker is around 5% but there are casinos that charge as high as 25%.
So, whether you know the odds by heart, it’s still important to check the odds and confirm everything before you join a table.
- Play Short Sessions
There is no betting strategy or system in the world that can beat the house advantage. The house will eventually get you even if you are on a winning streak.
So, develop a strategy or habit of playing short sessions then taking a break. For instance, you can decide on a specific number of games to play, such as 50 or less, before you take a break.
And remember to quit while you’re still ahead or winning. Don’t wait to quit when you have lost your winnings back to the house.
- Have a Proper Bankroll Management
Bankroll management doesn’t only apply to online baccarat but to every game you play in a casino.
Your key priority is to ensure that you are not completely wiped out by your first few games. Always reserve some money in your bankroll to get you through the inevitable losses.
Online baccarat is one of the easiest-to-play casino games but to succeed you need to practice and master your game.
More importantly, sign up for an online casino with a good reputation and preferably licensed and regulated by a reputable body.
Don’t forget to read the casino’s terms and conditions before signing up, especially in such things as their withdrawal conditions for the bonuses they offer.